Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence

Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence
Sock on the Great Wall

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Recap of the Great Life


Holy crow! It's been forever since I have last posted...what have I been doing that has prevented me from writing? I can't even recall - I'm sure it was fun however. I know the Fourth of July holiday came and went during my hiatus.

A side bar: I hate that holiday. Not because I am un-patriotic. I love my country as much as the next person (with all of it's leadership issues and all) but I hate Independence Day. With a passion. I think it has something to do with the obnoxious fireworks going off into all hours of the night for the week preceding as well as into the entire weekend following the actual day. Really!?!?! Why!?!?! I need to f--in sleep! I would just start to dose off and then *BOOM* a bomb would go off in my back yard. This was going on all weekend well past midnight. Makes my blood boil thinking about it still. Then there is the fact that my older dog gets absolutely neurotic when exposed to loud noises. Well, as you can imagine, he was ready to crawl out of his furry skin by the end of it all. I even bought an all natural calming supplement for him - didn't work. I think the poor guy is now in desperate need of doggie psycho therapy. I think after the rockets red glare waking me up every five f--in minutes, I need some psycho therapeutic drugs. Ok, side note over.

Now continuing on with the attempted recollection of where have I been...I really don't know. I know I have been riding alot...and working alot. I am finally off of one project (sort of) and back in the office more (sort of). This actually all translates to the fact that I don't have as much spare time during the day due to me being sent to different sites daily. Which in all honesty is a refreshing change to my daily duties that have occupied the past two years of my working life.

So, yes, riding. That was the only saving grace of the Fourth. T and I had a lazy morning which included sleeping in past 6 a.m. and a very delicious meal of homemade multi-grain pancakes then a superb evening of riding trails which lasted well into the night. We got back to Rottenchester around midnight? I actually don't recall but it was late. During our ride the fireworks from the surrounding towns were going off creating a most eerie reverberation in the valley below the trail we were riding. I can only imagine from below it must have seemed as if the town was under attack from an unforeseen enemy - because that's what it sounded like from the trail above. Quite unnerving.

The rest of the weekend was spent with the usual - market, bike shop, riding...what a great life, right? Sunday we even rode twice (the later ride included an epic ride out in the pitch black night as we wisely left our TriNewts at home) - great life indeed! Aside from the dozens of mosquito bites acquired Sunday night, it was a super fun ride (after I got over the fact that I couldn't see a damn thing in front of me). That's all I have to report, sorry for the short recap but time is limited and my brain hurts from absorbing large quantities of information for the past two days. Now it's off to ride tonight by the light of a TriNewt, my favourite way to clear the clutter in my head. What a great life I say again.

No comments: