Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence

Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence
Sock on the Great Wall

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

True Meaning of Block Head

I have hit a wall - I feel as if my brain is frozen - or the last remaining viable cells are fighting thus causing the gears in my head to come to a screeching halt. Did someone throw a stick in my spokes? Sending me catapulting over the handle bars? As I lift my head off the pavement and wipe the mud off my face, I think "WTF is going on with me"?

I write and look back at it with disgust - did a child write this? Perhaps if a child did there would be more cohesion in the records of my musings. Perhaps if a child wrote this it would, at the very least, be an amusing tale of befriending the hippopotamus found in the attic...but no, instead all that is produced is jumbled drivel. My head is cloudy, cloudy and grey - a wonderful accompaniment to the weather lately. Conceivably this is the root of my mental infarction. I think I am in desperate requirement of sun or snow or both. We have neither here for quite some time now and I do believe it is starting to have a negative effect on my psyche. I can handle the grey if there is snow for me to play in - as I can handle the ground being barren of winter's sugar coating as long as there is sun. Currently there is a lack of both and this, as my upheld belief, is the cause of my incapacitated brain function.

7 comments:

flahute said...

It may be grey in the valley, but there is snow in the mountains, and often sun as well ... you just have to break out above the weather.

Utah is calling ... are you going to answer?

Ari said...

I don't think Utah is the place for me, Steven. I am leaning more towards NM...I am in love with it and it's people. Utah has too many weirdos (yourself and your crew excluded of course :)

Julie said...

Look outside baby, SNOW!!!! Cant wait to go play in it after I take of the shackles of the lab. Snowshoeing later? Mendon?

Ari said...

Absolutely! - what time are you thinking? Doggies and I will def be there!

Ari said...

Absolutely! - what time are you thinking? Doggies and I will def be there!

Julie said...

Later, 6:30/7 tonight. I will bring my headlamp.

flahute said...

Oh ... we're weirdos, too ... but Utah needs more of us to balance against the other kind of weirdos here.