Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence

Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence
Sock on the Great Wall

Monday, January 21, 2008

Children and Mines

Once again the innocence of children brings clarity to a much larger issue:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18176715

Amazing how a higher education and a three figure salary seems to erode the moral backbone of an "ethical" economy. Why does capital gain have to come at the cost of our environment? At the cost of future generations suffering for an increase in the temporary payday - that they will not benefit from, regardless? Where is the breaking point? The plateau, even? My Grandmother used to say (and I am translating from Russian so it will probably lose part of its meaning) "From the excess fat they are going mad".

Sorry for the downer...I suppose I am exposed to it more than others. Then again, these kids seem to know more than I do and yet they don't have my level of education or experience. So why don't all of the people running the country have this information? Oh yeah, they do... they just choose to ignore it so they can have their vacation homes in Vail and their yachts docked in the French Riviera...right.

After all global warming doesn't exist, science is wrong, and it doesn't matter if animals become extinct - some other species will take their place. Too much fat - makes people CRAZY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure what to say or think... I know where you are coming from and I wanted to say thank you for posting this.

So many questions with few answers. I have started to think that if we are to really make peace we must change our biology... just a thought.

Anyway I hope your doing better!