Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence

Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence
Sock on the Great Wall

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tagged A While Ago

I am slow...so I was just reading Alaskan Julie's blog and realised that I was tagged, oh like over two weeks ago, to fill out this questionnaire. Better late than never, right?

If you could have any one — and only one — bike in the world, what would it be?
Oh man, this is a most impossible question for me to answer, seeing as how I am quickly on my way to becoming a bike hoarder. I can't see myself spending the rest of my life on only one bike, I just can't. There it is the ugly, cold, hard truth in writing on the inter web for all to see. I feel so naked right now...

If you had to choose one — and only one — bike route to do every day for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?
Once again, there is no only one...does one 'area' count? Like if I said I would ride somewhere, like say, the Alps for the rest of my life - is that one route? :-D

What kind of sick person would force another person to ride one and only one bike ride to to do for the rest of her / his life?
Evil, sadistic, vile...

Do you ride both road and mountain bikes? If both, which do you prefer and why? If only one or the other, why are you so narrow minded?
I do ride both and proudly, I might add. While I am a far cry from a true roadie or an h-core downhiller, I have found that, this summer especially, I am totally obsessed with mountain biking. In fact, I think I will be buying a new mountain bike well before I can muster up the funds for a new (Cervelo?) road bike...but then there is also the Big Dummy in my sights for an impending road trip (in the Alps?). Back to the 'If you could only have one bike' question - NEVER!!!! (insert evil laugh here). I will hoard bikes like most women hoard shoes. (more evil laughter).

Have you ever ridden a recumbent? If so, why? If not, describe the circumstances under which you would ride a recumbent.
I have. A friend of mine rides and I tried it last year. Not for me, but it sure was a comfy ride. If you could install a tv tray in front of you and eat while you ride, I would be adding a Rans to my hoarding dream list!

Have you ever raced a triathlon? If so, have you also ever tried strangling yourself with dental floss?
Ewwww. Why oh why would I ever want to jump into a filthy pond and try and make my way through the throngs of wet suits while the struggle for each breath makes me feel like I am drowning? The answer? I wouldn't. I don't like to swim. I should rephrase that, I love to swim, or float, or just be in the water. However the whole flapping your arms and legs about in a hurried manner to reach some sort of finish line just doesn't appeal to me. It makes me feel like a fish out of water - ironic, I know. Perhaps this is why fish have gills and humans have lungs.

Suppose you were forced to either give up ice cream or bicycles for the rest of your life. Which would you give up, and why?
I have already given up ice cream due to my lack of dairy digesting enzymes (sad, sad day for me), therefore this is a no brainer!

What is a question you think this questionnaire should have asked, but has not? Also, answer it. My question is... If you could ride your bike on any planet in the Solar System, which would it be and why?
A question of whether or not I should be doing this at work...I got nothing other than that. If I could ride my bike anywhere else in the solar system, I pick Earth. We can't breath on the other planets. Fish out of water syndrome all over again.

You’re riding your bike in the wilderness (if you’re a roadie, you’re on a road, but otherwise the surroundings are quite wilderness-like) and you see a bear. The bear sees you. What do you do?
I will calmly start by coaxing him over to me, kind of how you would call to a stray cat. Ksss, ksss, ksss. Then once he has lumbered over to me I would share my Clif shot bloks with him. Bears like Cran-Razz, right? After this, I am most certain, we will become fast friends. Subsequently, I would have to decide what to name him...perhaps Bernhard or Isiah - do bears like to be called Isiah? Nah, maybe Ezekiel...yeah. Then I would jump back on my bike and pedal off as Ezekiel would wave his big, burly paw good-bye to me. Until we meet again, E-Z (that's my nickname for him).


No comments: