Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence

Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence
Sock on the Great Wall

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dog Days

My dog is going crazy - doggie dementia is what I call it. Canine cognitive disorder is what the vet calls it. That paired with a tumor, my 12+ year old dog is going crazy. In the process he is slowly driving me crazy. Crazy due to lack of sleep because his symptoms become most active at, oh between midnight and 3 a.m. (I think after 3 he has usually worn himself out - or perhaps I just pass out by then, so I have no idea when he actually settles down). Crazy because I can do nothing to soothe him. Crazy because he has gone from being my bestest buddy to a most insufferable enemy - and that in turn makes me hate myself because he can't help his behaviour any more than I can help but be upset that I am lacking sleep.

Not sure where this is going, I just needed to vent....

Poor Buddy.
Poor me.

There are people starving in the world, global warming, lack of clean drinking water, pollution, incurable illnesses...reminders that my problems are very minuscule comparatively speaking.

No comments: