Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence

Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence
Sock on the Great Wall

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Playing Hooky

Today is a typically dreary, rainy day in Rochester. I usually feel depleted on the days it rains here - not sure if it's due to the lack of sun light or the fact that it's just not motivating to go and play outside in the cold, autumn rain. But today I feel rejuvenated. It could be the combined 24 hours of sleep I had over the weekend or it could be the fact that I went AWOL yesterday and spent the afternoon road riding in Mendon instead. Yes, I am certain the latter is the cause of my mental and physical well being today.

Having an unusual warm and sunny day in late October is reason for celebratation in this town...so that's what I did. By leaving work 3 hours early and enjoying every bit of the amazing day that was left. I know work will be here today, tomorrow and the following days to come as I also know that it will rain (and snow) for more days than I can handle (for the next several months). Therefore an executive decision had to made. Work a full day and waste the weather or skip out and pay for it later. I am currently paying on that debt but with a great sense of fulfillment and an ear to ear grin :)

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I start a steep irrational slide down hill if I don;t get out on my bike. no better therapy for this girl

Ari said...

I start my steep irrational slide everymorning that I know I have to go to Kodak...