Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence

Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence
Sock on the Great Wall

Monday, February 4, 2008

The Start of the Weekend

I feel the need to post something even though I have nothing to contribute today. It is Monday. I am at work. My brain has already disintegrated into a useless puddle of grey goop. Good times.

This past weekend was the first time I got out since being (dying) sick. So I did it up right, it started like this:

Friday consisted of three dinners...yes, that's right, THREE dinners. Girls gotta gain the weight back she lost during her sickness. And trust me, I am doing my damnest to get my biker booty back! The evening started with an early dinner at the Newman's. They eat early because they have kiddies, so it fit nicely into my night of multiple meals. Not to mention Alex's amazing cooking - I can never say 'no' to her fine, home-cooked meals. To boot, her 3 year old son Landon's ridiculousness is just too fun to pass up. What a cool kid he is. If I could ensure that I'd have a cool kid like him, I would consider someday having a rug rat...but you can never guarentee coolness. My luck I would end up with some little fru-fru, girly, clothes-loving brat that hates the outdoors and even more to bike, ski or climb. Yikes, can't take it back then, can you?

After my fill of children, great friends and good eats I was off for a more adult gathering. Stephie, her handsome husband and a couple of friends were having dinner at a local bar/restaurant down the road from my house. So off to dinner deux. Good times and the beer was just going down all too nicely. Of course, I still shouldn't be drinking due to my last dose of antibiotics that day. Oh well, you only live once...might as well do it in a wonderful haze of Sam Adam's White Ale. A few hours of that, I think my stomach had digested enough to continue the tour de mange.

Next and final stop: Roz and Dave's for some grilled swordfish and tuna with 'The Crew' (incredible people that deserve a cool name like 'The Crew' - perhaps someday I will blog about them...names will be changed to preserve the innocent, of course). I figured my head was a little too fuzzy from the White Ale so I decided to start drinking water at R&D's...and good thing because they all thought it would be a good night to have a Scotch tasting. Blech! The smell alone makes me want to lose my previous two meals. No good - once down the gullet, I prefer my food to stay there. The meal was great, the company was even better, and the water was needed. In an accomplished and complete food coma I dragged my stuffed self (the kind of stuffed you get on Thanksgiving) home and to bed. What a great way to start off the weekend! More on my 'getting better' outings to come...

No comments: