Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence

Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence
Sock on the Great Wall

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ouch


My return from the sunny land of old people, bad drivers and alligators has been anything but enjoyable. A super stressful homecoming equals me trying to remain sane in the midst. Did I not just come off of a relaxing vacation? Yikes! So I escaped (temporarily) yesterday afternoon only to have my time to de-stress interrupted by a most untimely encounter with a tree. It wasn't even a hard part of the trail. Kind of flat and narrow, but not steep or technical. I suppose that's when I decided to relax my focus. Poor decision. As a result of my lax riding, on a turn I caught my left handlebar on a tree causing Boris to come to a complete halt. Most know that the laws of physics dictate that a body in motion must stay in motion. Well, my body was in motion while my bike had stopped forcing me to fly into a tree at probably 10mph. My left knee took the brunt of the impact. I sat for a minute and assessed the damage. No bruising, no bleeding, no bones tearing through the skin - so deductive reasoning dictated that I was fine. A little pain with each step or push of the pedal was nothing to worry about. So, I kept riding. Then climbed later...as a tripod. My knee looked pretty big last night and I couldn't bend it. Is this a problem? Today it's a bit less swollen and I am not limping as badly. I will try and ride again tonight...am I crazy? Or just masochistic?

2 comments:

flahute said...

You're a cyclist ... that means you're crazy AND masochistic.

Heal well, heal fast ...

B-Horn said...

Boris, BORIS! That's a perfect name for a Ruskie girls bike! Boris the Mt. Bike, come on Boris make it up the hill... bring me home Boris, bring me home...