Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence

Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence
Sock on the Great Wall

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Good Day

Today is a good day. Or so I have been telling myself that since about 4:30 this morning. I woke up at that time, well, for no reason other than I could sleep no more. Determined to not get up and be somewhat productive (at such an ungodly hour) I laid in bed until about 5:30 just letting my mind wander. And it did. But no matter what the scattered thoughts produced the ending conclusion is that today is a good day. I feel great today actually. Not that I don't feel great almost everyday (when I am healthy).

For some reason I have to keep thinking that thought today or at least I have been for the last four hours. Perhaps as the day wears on I will change my view, but I have a feeling that it is not too likely. So here I sit in my penthouse dungeon (that's what you call the top floor of a building that has NO WINDOWS - how evil is that?!?!) residing to believe that today is a good day.

Yesterday I had a crazy-busy-running-around-to-three-different-sites day at work. Which actually made the day seem quite short and very productive. No complaints there. Then I came home played with the dogs and decided the conditions were perfect for a run on the trails in Durand. Seeing as how I have been on my bike every day for the past I don't even know how many days, I thought a run was definitely in order.

The weather was hot and hazy (unseasonably so for May in Rottenchester) so I decided to run without Sonia. With the accompaniment of my iPod the soundtrack to my life resumed on the trails of Durand. The run was great - I felt strong and fast, even threw in a couple of sets of push-ups towards the end. Afterwards I decided I needed a pedicure*. Spur of the moment beauty treatments are the best! [*side note - I don't do girly things - I don't get my nails done (except the ones on my feet), or go shopping (unless it is for food or gear), or go to expensive hair salons (Supercuts, baby!) - but I do love my pedicures. As my feet take a beating due to all my sports/activities, I feel they deserve a treat once in a while.]

I set off to my regular, cheap, Vietnamese nail salon. The women are so nice and they always do an incredible job. So $25, I think, is more than justifiable to have my feet feel and look amazing after an awesome run! Then I went grocery shopping, not my favourite task, albeit more than necessary due to the barren state of my cupboards. All these accomplishing tasks got me in the mood to do more, so then I vacuumed my house - which isn't an accomplishment as much as a necessity as the dogs are molting, I mean blowing their coats, so it is required that I vacuum daily as not to lose the cat in the dust bunnies of husky fur. Finally a shower and bed - oh and dinner was thrown in there somewhere.

So today, I awoke to my mind racing, not sure about what seeing as how I really have no deadlines nor did I ride yesterday so I wouldn't be psycho analysing my riding. Anyway, back to the grind. I need to get a mountain of work done in a short amount of time, then run home play with the dogs for approximately two minutes, shove some food in my face and run off to the shop. Good times.

Whatever, this crazy life it is my norm and I am alright with it because today is a good day and tomorrow will be even better (and it will be Friday)!

No comments: