Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence

Trials,Tribulations, Travels, Tastings...and Occassional Transcendence
Sock on the Great Wall

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Jello Flambe

After yesterday proving itself to be of great a many disappointments, today is going much more positively. I felt the need to scream yesterday - loud! But I didn't, instead a thorough cleaning of my house incorporated with an hour of spinning out proved to be more therapeutic. It was either that or a bottle of wine. For once the wine lost the battle and the results seem much more fulfilling than a hangover. The frustration is still there but my mind is more at ease. I have to realize that we don't always have control over what others do and that we can't, or shouldn't, defend our feelings. Those who we think we can count on, sometimes prove to us otherwise and those whom we would never consider prove trustworthy. The irony of it all is enough to make you laugh and cry all at the same time. (I, however, do not cry - it is for wusses). So I laughed - forcefully - after my legs felt like jello flambe. Such a beautiful feeling.

So with those thoughts I either find myself in denial or comforted. I would like to go with the latter, just for sanity's sake. As well as the sake of my state of mind being much more, shall we say, resilient today. As for tomorrow, I guarantee it will be even better!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

how about a spin and a glass of wine... not just consuming the entire thing at once. then you can get the best of both worlds.

Ari said...

You know me, JW, can't do just one ;)